• Archives

  • Blog Stats

    • 668,997 hits
  • Categories

Notice of deposition in United States District Court

A notice of deposition in United States District Court is the topic of this blog post. Depositions in United States District Court are authorized by Rule 30 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (Rule 30). A party may also request production of documents of any party to the action at the deposition under Rule 34. This blog post will discuss serving a notice of deposition on a party to the action who is a natural person.

Anyone seeking to take the oral deposition of any party to the action should carefully review Rule 30 as it does contain numerous requirements that must be followed. These rules include requirements that the party not seek to take the deposition before the time specified in Rule 26(d) and that the party seeking to take the deposition give reasonable written notice to every other party to the action as well as include the name and address of the deponent if that is available as well as the date, time and location of the deposition.

Any party requesting production of documents should be sure to describe the requested documents with as much detail as possible.

Failure to comply with the requirements or failure to include the required information in the deposition notice may result in an objection being made by another party to the action or the deponent.

Attorneys or parties that would like to view a portion of a 9 page sample notice of deposition and request for production of documents for a natural person including brief instructions and proof of service sold by the author can see below.

Attorneys or parties in California that would like more information on a Federal litigation document package containing 42 sample documents including a sample notice of deposition can use the link shown below.


The author of this blog post, Stan Burman, is an entrepreneur and freelance paralegal who has worked in California and Federal litigation since 1995 and has created over 300 sample legal documents for California and Federal litigation.

You can view portions of over 300 sample legal documents for California and Federal litigation at http://www.scribd.com/LegalDocsPro

*Do you want to use this article on your website, blog or e-zine? You can, as long as you include this blurb with it: “Stan Burman is the author of over 300 sample legal documents for California and Federal litigation and is the author of a free weekly legal newsletter. You can receive 10 free gifts just for subscribing. Just visit http://freeweeklylegalnewsletter.gr8.com/ for more information.

Follow the author on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/LegalDocsPro or like his Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/LegalDocsPro

You can view sample legal document packages for sale by going to http://www.legaldocspro.com/downloads.aspx


Please note that the author of this blog post, Stan Burman is NOT an attorney and as such is unable to provide any specific legal advice. The author is NOT engaged in providing any legal, financial, or other professional services, and any information contained in this blog post is NOT intended to constitute legal advice.

The materials and information contained in this blog post have been prepared by Stan Burman for informational purposes only and are not legal advice. Transmission of the information contained in this blog post is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, any business relationship between the author and any readers. Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.










2 Responses

  1. Hi Mr. Stan Burman! how are you. I did not received any new post from you. Can you help me, I had an appeal with the 3rd circuit court and the decision was made by them and I never received the final order they made on this case. The order was entered in July 1997. I requested for this order now, because they never served me. They gave me the order now, it is too late for me to bring action and I can’t afford a lawyer. Is it possible to file motion to vacate this order. please help me, with regards by aleyamma.abraham2020@gmail.com


What is your opinion?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: